Moment by moment, your Twitter profile shows the world who you are. Starting today, it will be even easier (and, we think, more fun) to express yourself through a new and improved web profile.
What You Should Know About the New Twitter Profile Layout
Profile Header Photo
The header photos on the new Twitter profile pages are no longer located behind the profile picture as they were previously. Now, the header photo is located at the top of the page and stretches across the entire length of the screen at 1500×500 pixels. To add a header image, you can either upload a custom image or you can select a pre-loaded theme from Twitter’s collection in the design tab on the settings page.
The profile picture, now 400×400 pixels, is also much larger on the new profiles. In addition, it will no longer be located in the middle of the page. Instead, on the new profiles, your profile pic will be positioned toward the top left of the page, overlapping slightly with the bottom left corner of the header image.
Do not fear — your current profile picture and header image with be automatically resized to fit the larger dimensions on the layout. But that doesn’t mean you can’t put some thought into two images that would work well together considering the new layout and dimensions, much like you would with your Facebook Page’s images.
Additional Layout Changes
There are a number of additional changes to the general layout of the profile pages, as well. Here are some notable ones that probably won’t affect how you design your profile, but are good to know in case you get confused about where things are located:
- The name, handle, bio, and pictures are all now positioned on the left-hand side of the page, directly below the profile picture.
- The “Who to Follow” and “Trends” modules can be found at the opposite side of the page.
- The tabs that display tweets, following and, followers are to the right of the profile picture and directly below the header image.
- There are now also additional tabs for Favorites, photos/videos, and lists included inline with the standard tabs.
On the new profile pages, your tweets — you know, the actual content — take up the majority of the page. They are listed vertically, by date, and you can scroll through them as you would a news feed. Another (more minor) difference is when you follow new people, that information is included among your list of tweets.
Finally, if you select one of the other tabs under your header image — such as “Followers” or “Following,” that information is presented to you in an entirely new way. Rather than a scrollable list, you get a Pinterest-like board of your followers or those you follow listed in boxes both vertically and horizontally across the screen.
Customizing How Tweets Appear
- Best Tweets: Tweets that have received more engagement will appear slightly larger, so your best content is easy to find.
- Pinned Tweet: Pin one of your Tweets to the top of your page, so it’s easy for your followers to see what you’re all about.
- Filtered Tweets: Now you can choose which timeline to view when checking out other profiles. Select from these options: Tweets, Tweets with photos/videos, or Tweets and replies.
Coming soon to everyone
This new profile setup is available today to a small group of users.
Sociallybuzz, provides social media management, marketing, fan-page application development and social media consultation. The company is designed to help brands and businesses develop a firm foundation in social media and marketing while delivering the greatest number of options in how they define or reach their relevant audience and increase sales. We also have a robust team that is responsible for handling each and every Yelp, Urbanspoon, Google, TripAdvisor and Foursquare review for our clients. For more information about Sociallybuzz, please visit our website: www.Sociallybuzz.com
1) Social Media Services for Nightclubs – Click here
2) Social Media Services for Franchises – Click here
3) Social Media Services for Restaurants – Click here
4) Reputation Management – Click here